Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting Back to Basics


"Pondering the Basics "

On my medical leave sabbatical from giving readings I have learned many lessons. Thought I would jot just a few down: Can anyone relate?

• Practicing what I preach is not as easy as I thought.
• Between bills, food, work & family life - how do you really find "me" time?
• I don't like uttering the words" No, I do not predict exact lotto numbers".
• No, I will not fit into skinny jeans.
• All families have drama; we could all have our own reality shows. Hmmm...Wonder what the title would be?
• How do we age gracefully without forking over hundreds of dollars?
• With modern technology today WHY CAN'T SOMEONE CREATE HAIR DYE THAT LAST LONGER THAN 4 WEEKS?
• Can the Glenn Becks & Al Sharptons of the world hug with grace and humility?



I could go on and on,as I am sure you could. I think we just need to sit, reflect - get all the blues out of our system and recharge.


For today let's reflect on gratitude,family,budgeting,food,shelter , giving & prayer .


Let's get back down to the basics .

B- ALANCE - Even flow of activity with self & family
A- PPRECIATION - Gratitude for the good and the lessons
S- IMPLICITY - Peace of mind with self and spirit
I-  NTEREST - Passionately  create a bucket list and do
C- ARE - Giving back to family and community
S- AVE - Living beneath your means-yeah YARD SALES!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog, Rachel!

and this made me laugh: "• I don't like uttering the words" No, I do not predict exact lotto numbers". "

Lindsay

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I really like that 'Basics'. So clever. Normally with that kind of things, there's one letter that they obviously ran out of ideas with....but here they all fit perfectly.

Sarahx