Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy 2011!

So much has happened while on my 2 month sabbatical from blogging.

New room mates, the holidays are a blurr, surgery went well and I am actually feeling "rested". Saturday morning it's back to the Yard sales! I made plenty of trips to my local  AMVETS store to donate all of last years treasures. Now someone else can enjoy them. I scare myself at times with my non attachment to material items.It's as if I am the opposite of a hoarder. I don't keep things very long. Could it be that I am easily bored and distracted? Always wanting "newness" in my life? My surroundings? Guess a Psychologist would have a field day figuring that one out. For now, I will enjoy my yard sale finds  nourishing  my decorating urges. My blogging goal this year is to display more pictures of my yard sale finds and how I incorporated them into my decorating style. Which Julia , my 12 year old calls "different". I didn't ask her to elaborate.

Oh Yes! I read two great books that I simply loved


 ORGANIZE NOW! By Jennifer Ford Berry  http://www.organizethislife.com/

I enjoyed it so much I am organizing a  ORGANIZE  NOW CLUB! Who doesn't need a little more organization in their lives?



The Second fabulous book was Crafty Superstar  By Grace Dobush
This is another club I started. Who doesn't other like minded crafters to get together and bounce ideas and positive enrergy from one another?

 http://www.craftysuperstar.com/

    It covers making crafts on the side, earn Extra CASH and Basically HAVE IT ALL!

2 comments:

Jennifer Ford Berry said...

So glad you liked my book :) Feel free to have your club join my facebook page. Others have done it and I love hearing about their progress. Good luck!
Jennifer

Rachel Rose Mercantile said...

Oh thank you for taking the time to write! My plan was to get each club member to buy the book and together as a group, implement the 52 weeks into our daily lives. I actually have 14 people who signed up! The first meeting will be January 15th (5pm-6:15pm)
I'll update/blog about our progress.