Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thank you http://moderncountrystyle.blogspot.com/ for hosting a linky party to define our blogs!What a great idea! Well, here it goes!  
RACHEL'S JUNK IN THE TRUNK BLOG DEFINITION:
Yard Sale Junkie  taking it a day at a time looking for the wow factor. There’s plenty of junk in my trunk after a yard sale adventure and of course after a whole bag of lime flavored chips. I am a 47 year old Mother to Julia & Rodney and wanna be Domestic Cougar Goddess to Tito. I am an Operations Manager for a thriving Construction Company named of all things, Tool Time Construction.
 I am often asked about the T.V. show and no I am not the Tool Time Girl. I wish I could prance around in shorts with a Makita Drill in my hand all day long. Yet, reality hits and there’s payroll, audits, scheduling, time cards, H/R duties, email research and keeping our clients happy. With the stress of the week behind me, I venture out every Saturday morning to the local yard sales. I find great deals and even when I don’t, it relaxes me. I guess it’s better than sedatives and hitting the bottle right?  

Rachel’s Junk in the Trunk Blog is a snap shot of my life unexpected .Things in my life swirl just as much as they swirl in my head (bi polar? or just a busy working Mom?). I love everything and want to do it all which is reflected in my blogging style. I love shabby chic with a touch of Gothic & Gypsy. I wear thumb rings with business casual attire & heels. Funny, my clothing and decorating style swirl along side me like partners in crime. I invite you in to enjoy some “blogging time”.  
                                                                                                                               

















8 comments:

Cindy said...

You sound like a real eclectic kind of girl. And a real interesting girl at that!
Hugs, Cindy

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I cannot believe my eyes. You're 47? Get away.....You're lookin' good, missus!!

I really like it that your fashion style and interior style swirl together like partners in crime. That's such a great phrase!

Sarahx

Magali @ The Little White House said...

I loved that very honnest post. It felt like I was meeting a new friend over a cup of tea, talking about common interests... I'm looking forward to seeing what will be next in your trunk and telling you what's in mine!

The Moerks said...

Sounds like you are one busy lady. I look forward to seeing what you find next.

laxsupermom said...

I love the way you've defined your blog as an extension of you. Great post! Thanks for sharing.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I always enjoy my visits here. It was fun reading your description. I'm right with you on the yard sale therapy! And we are the same age!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Love your blog title and your eye for treasures. I am missing that gene!

Marilyn said...

Awesome blog.. Linking up from the last boost my blog Friday.. I love your posts.. I'm Marilyn from next door at http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ - hope you can stop by sometime.. TY *Officially following ya*