Sunday, December 3, 2017

Crackle Barrel Adventure

I described my typical work week to a friend. When you say it out loud or even write it down ---it can sound very exhausting. Enough to make your head spin. Not like in a Linda Blair kinda way. I just aged myself. If you don't know who she is , google her or just picture head spinning in a very unnatural and unattractive way. Where was I? Oh yeah, It's a lifestyle I manage yet so many others effectively manage the busyness of their day, as well. I'm very structured and realized just today , I don't leave a margin for spontaneity. My calendar runneth over so to speak.



Once again,my daughter,Julia (18) has taught me another lesson. She didn't come with instructions , yet came with such an amazing heart and sense of adventure. At a young age she was always running away from me at the mall. Even now at Parkway Plaza its hard to keep up with her. I either use Sprint locator to ping her or check her bank transactions to find her. Where was I ? Oh yeah, there are days that call for a spontaneous adventure. She and Nathan recently drove to Crackle Barrel for breakfast. Awe, yeah , in Yuma ,AZ . A 3 hour road trip to eat a meal. That's 6 hours round trip. My body aches now just thinking about sitting for 6 hours in a car. Yet, Travel memories will last a life time. I haven't even visited a local Chick-Fil-A ! That's right , I have never been inside a Chick-Fil- A. I heard there is one in La Mesa. In reality ,an adventure for me is driving to The Goodwill in Point Loma. That's an amazing date night with myself. It works for me. I'm a cheap date and can afford me. Plus, I like my East County neighborhood. I really enjoy my structured little life. Travelling stopped appealing to me when gas prices went up and don't get me started on how many people forget their manners when getting behind the wheel.
In my Christian life, I don't allow myself to get too comfortable or too at ease in my walk. I'm always learning and taking it all in always wanting to be a baby Christian. I need to do the same socially. I tend to stay in my comfort zone. Same routine. Same comfort level. Lately,in my walk ,I have stepped out into the uncomfortable. Praying more with people, sharing my faith more. Holding steadfast to an accountability partner who I share every fiber of my life with. Trusting God more.
It dawned on me today, I need to branch out more outside my social cocoon and live a little. Add room in my calendar for a spontaneous combustion of sorts. You know, like find a Goodwill store pass a 100 mile radius from East County, Live a little.
I bought a 2018 $3 Calendar at Target. I'm planning on setting my sights for an adventurous New Year.
How about you?

No comments: