Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Four

I am concentrating on not eating after 7pm so I just spent an hour on line researching the items I found at this morning yard sale finds. I googled Bill Blass,Jones New York, Targets Merona  and more. All together the 7 pair of pants retailed for approximately $165.00. When I asked the seller how much she wanted for the pants she explained ," $1.00 each". The pants are gently worn .The only indication they were actually worn -no tags. She continued to share with retiring she will no longer need business attire.Feeling slightly guilty, I said are you sure? She nodded yes. I saved $158!

 It amazes me when I find  great prices for nice clothes. The seller is moving away from business attire and I, currently taking real estate classes, am heading towards changing my attire. This, mind you, is coming from a woman who still wears thumb rings and only dresses up for interviews, weddings,furnerals and graduations.

I am more the very casual business girl who likes comfort rather than a skirt. Several friends call me a camillion. I change looks daily from  casual jeans, gothic, gypsy to hippie. I call it "Rachel Wear". I never let trends define me however first impressions are crucial in the business world. I am uncomforatable in restricted clothing and don't get me started on nylons. They are so confining just the thought of wear nylons makes me itch! Don't get me wrong it's not like I wear sweats all day yet just the thought of slacks and blouses make me start to hyperventillate. Change is good in every aspect of our lives. When was the last time you were out of your comfort zone?    

3 comments:

Modern Country Lady said...

Hi rachel, thank you for following my blog and welcome to Modern Country Lady!!have a great weekend!! Hope the hungerpangs are not too bad now after 7 pm!! :-)))

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh how I love the thrill of the yard sale hunt too. Nothing like getting something great for a $1. I can totally relate to the food calling you thing. I don't know why I have to love yummy food so much. Wish I sort of didn't care about it.

Erin said...

Score! I love a good sale:) Thanks for following my blog - I'm following you back.