Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Three

 It's 11:50pm and I am Craving   Italian. Tito and I went to Lido's, our  favorite Italian restaurant this evening braving the Friday night crowd . Left over buttered tortellini is sitting in the fridge calling my name. A few minutes ago the tasty tortellini's whispered sweet nothings to my subconscious. Feeling like Juliette, the tortellini's shouted forbidden love.  Battling my urge to dash to the fridge, I decided to blog as a form of therapy. I am sure a licensed therapist would have a field day and request the extra session plan. The place was crowded so time was not on my side. I scarfed down the salami,cheese and olive appetizers impatiently awaiting the arriving of my main dish by 6:40pm. With 20 minutes to spare- I made my don't eat after 7 pm deadline.

 After years of being together Tito and I can actually sit and talk without the kids being present. It was nice to have an unexpected date night. OK so it wasn't the most romantic dinner with me eyeing the clock however there was a sense of simplicity that I longed for when I was younger. I guess aging with grace isn't so bad. I will accept the gray hair and laugh lines with a sense of humbleness. Funny, Tito just came over to the computer as I longed for words to write he says in his Sylvester Stallone speak, "Hey...Yo Rachel  you want the last piece of pizza?" I replay," No, Rocky I mean Tito go for it". I guess in life we have to go for it or we will miss that last piece of pizza in life.     

1 comment:

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

Hi Rachel, thanks for letting me know where your follower button is.I'm looking forward to learning more about you.Have a great weekend in beautiful San Diego-lucky.

Ann-Marie