Thursday, November 18, 2010

Collage Collections


Have you ever started collecting something and didn't realize it until they were scattered about both at work and home?  I noticed recently I started finding/collecting collage boards. This one is posted on my wall in my office. There are so many pictures you can no longer see the design. Yet, it doesn't matter, the people who are displayed matter. Friends and family adorn my wall. This Thanksgiving I will be grateful for more collages, like the one pictured below, to display more pictures of family and friends.
Collages are similar to  life, we began our lives with a blank slate and it's up to us to adorn ourselves  with colorful pictures. Placing them strategically throughout all phases of our lives.

 What pictures would you place? What phase of your life are you in? The collector? The blank slate needing a re-birthing? The over whelmed one with too many pictures? No matter what phase your in, reflect, re-evaluate and restart! There's always a new collage around the corner.

4 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

'always a new collage around the corner'....I love that!! Very deep and philosophical and crafty all round into one. Nice!!

I'm your new follower!

Sarahx

Rachel Rose Mercantile said...

Thank you so much Sarah! I so appreciate you! I love Modern Country Style!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi Rachel,

I just wanted to add that I always think you look very glam in your profile picture! Just gorgeous!!

Sarahx

Lindsay said...

hmm interesting..I just realized I guess I'm someone who never finishes a collage--in my life I think that manifests as me going through a lot of inner and outer changes rapidly all the time...so the pictures of my life never really stay relevant for too long.