Monday, May 9, 2011

Fashion Sketching By Patricia L. Rowe

 I love old books on fashion so when I came across Patricia L. Rowe's
"Shorthand Fashion Sketching"
 ...I had to get it!

There's an Introduction written in 1959 from Rowe while living in Captiva,Florida. She explains how the pages of the book is designed to teach in the quickest possible time, by the shortest possible method, how to sketch fashions in the most practical way.
Lessons include The Basic Fashion Figure-Front, Three Quarter View and Smaller Size. Section II describes The Figure in Motion. Other sections include, Basic fashions from blouses and necklines ,collars,sleeves,basic skirts to hemlines,hats and coats. It concludes with fabrics,textures and patterns,techniques in pen,brush and pencil. I loves the historic costume section. Take a peek........




























9 comments:

Pierre BOYER said...

Very nice sketches...
Greetings from France...

Pierre

Stampindamour said...

This is a fantastic find! I LOVE Fashion History books! Very nice! :)

-pamela

Stampindamour said...

Rachel - thanks for checking out my blog. Here's my other (junking) Blog I just created today:
www.mybooth96.blogspot.com

Off to search for a copy of that Vintage Fashion Sketch book...maybe I'll find one on ebay. :)

-pamela

Katie @ minivan diva said...

This is such a find! I especially love the cover.

Stampindamour said...

There's a fantastic parking lot flea market at the Urban Barn in Escondido next weekend (Fri/Sat 20/21)...not super big, but the treasures are FAB and cheap! :)

-pamela

Sherrie said...

What a beautiful book! This is a real treasure!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

What a great book. Thanks for sharing all those pages.
- Joy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

What is a wonderful sketch book!
Thanks for visiting me.
Deb

Tasha Anderson said...

Oh I Love that book!!! You should copy and frame some of those pages!!! Love it!