Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Little Holiday Dress


The Holidays are drawing near .

 This little  Holiday dress was up for sale @ last weeks yard sale adventure-  It was only $1.00 -  It's a size 4T.  Something came over me while reminiscing of my daughter Julia(11)  as toddler . I stood there longing for the days  I could dress her up like a little doll. At times, I wish I could still influence her dressing attire. Well, I am sure she  could say the same about me when I sport an outfit she deems unmotherly.

I remember there was a time we could share the same shoes, now my size 4 can't compete to her 8 1/2.

I don't know anyone who wears a size 4T. I  guess I wanted to play dress up again .

 A feeling I'll never out grow.

 I have a mannequin in my living room , I dress up in clothes I can no longer squeeze into. As a matter of fact some outfits I could never wear . Yet,my mannequin , named Becca ,looks awesome in anything!  

Most people hide the "too small clothes" in their closets, I display them in hopes it inspires me to lose weight. It doesn't.

I must remind myself to stay in the moment and remember to capture Julia , here and now . Before you know it ,there will be  prom dresses, graduation gowns , wedding dresses , power suits, then hopefully maternity clothes.  

For now this little Holiday dress hangs on a hook in my living room. It will be part of my Holiday decorations. I can no longer dress up Julia yet I can decorate the house and still dress Becca........all is good in the fashion world of little dresses.

2 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

What a gorgeous idea to display. I might look out some of my children's little clothes and think of a way to display them.

The days when they are small are so fleeting, aren't they?

Sarahx

Rachel Rose Mercantile said...

Oh yes Sarah it sounds like a cliche,yet time does go by so fast!I am trying to find a pretty hanger to display the dress.I am on a quest!