Monday, March 14, 2011

Day Six


 A few weeks ago Julia and I ventured to Cost Plus /World Market for the first time in a number of years. We stayed longer than we should have yet it was nice having Mother and Daughter time. She won't stay 12 forever.I already embarrass her on face book and   somehow this year in middle school I am no longer the cool Mom. She however is at the age where she  loves the mall thus never missing a beat when I ask if she wants to take a road trip. To her, Cost Plus World Market was "cool". Yeah score one for the ol' Mom!

I fell in love with this clean,crisp spring like patio set.

The green reminded me of St.Patrick's day which led me to this refreshing drink of choice down another isle:


I looked for the receipt on the website so I wouldn't think about eating after 7pm on day 6 and found the following:

WHICH JUST MADE ME THIRSTY AND LONG FOR ST.PATTY'S DAY! GO FIGURE!


World Market's Irish Coffee Recipe -
Irish Coffee
Ingredients:
6 ounces
World Market® French Roast Coffee
1 tablespoon Torani Irish Cream Syrup, available in stores
2 ounces whipping cream
1 tablespoon Irish Whiskey*
Directions
Mix the coffee, Torani Irish Cream Syrup and whiskey together in a warm,
clear glass coffee mug. Place a spoon on the surface of the coffee and slowly pour the whipping cream over the spoon. Slowly move the spoon up as the layer of cream thickens to ensure that it remains on the surface of the coffee. Allow the cream to float on top without stirring.
*If you’d prefer a non-alcoholic version, simply leave this step out.
Remember this traditional blessing as you start your day the Irish way:
May your mornings bring joy, and your evenings bring peace…May your troubles grow less as your blessings increase!
Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day on Thursday! Any special plans or traditions? My Mother always made corned beef and cabbage for St.Patty's Day. Yum ville! There I go think about food -again.


2 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love Cost Plus. My hubby and I like to prowl around there a couple of times a year.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Love that patio set! I posted a similar photo today. I think we're all itching to get inside. No matter how old our girls get, they'll always say yes to shopping!