|The Thrifty Groove|
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I love the entrepreneurial spirit at a yard sale. This cute lemonade stand was created by little Katie (age 6). Very camera shy she opted out of having her picture taken. Can't say that I blame her, who wants their picture taken by some crazy lady at a yard sale. Her politeness and gracious demeanor was, I have to say, refreshing. I lost count of how many times she thanked me after my purchase. Awe, if she were only old enough to give customer service lessons at local retail stores.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
|"Pondering the Basics "|
On my medical leave sabbatical from giving readings I have learned many lessons. Thought I would jot just a few down: Can anyone relate?
• Practicing what I preach is not as easy as I thought.
• Between bills, food, work & family life - how do you really find "me" time?
• I don't like uttering the words" No, I do not predict exact lotto numbers".
• No, I will not fit into skinny jeans.
• All families have drama; we could all have our own reality shows. Hmmm...Wonder what the title would be?
• How do we age gracefully without forking over hundreds of dollars?
• With modern technology today WHY CAN'T SOMEONE CREATE HAIR DYE THAT LAST LONGER THAN 4 WEEKS?
• Can the Glenn Becks & Al Sharptons of the world hug with grace and humility?
I could go on and on,as I am sure you could. I think we just need to sit, reflect - get all the blues out of our system and recharge.
For today let's reflect on gratitude,family,budgeting,food,shelter , giving & prayer .
Let's get back down to the basics .
B- ALANCE - Even flow of activity with self & family
A- PPRECIATION - Gratitude for the good and the lessons
S- IMPLICITY - Peace of mind with self and spirit
I- NTEREST - Passionately create a bucket list and do
C- ARE - Giving back to family and community
S- AVE - Living beneath your means-yeah YARD SALES!