Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How a Hair Barrette taught me a Lesson




 On one of my yard sale haunts(oh look Halloween is in the air, I meant to write hunts) on Saturday I came across a former store owner getting rid of  left over merchandise. She was just starting to display her items. I am a natural "helper" as I like to call it, or a control freak, depending on how you want to look at it. I asked if I could open the  large package of barrettes ,she welcomed the idea. Being in retail from the age of 15 , I neatly placed them on the table methodically displaying the barrettes for the next customer to admire. I asked how much , she responded a $1 . I happily dug into my coin purse when she had a revelation and said, 50 cents for helping me. As I continued digging she thought it over again and said for you 25 cents and take two! I was surprised and grateful. It really got me thinking how when we give of our time to help someone it does come back to you. It's the little things in life, a small token of appreciation goes a long way.




No comments: