Monday, October 11, 2010

How I "stuffed" 52 Items into 2 grocery bags for just $10.00

Let me explain, twice a year a local church in San Diego has a great rummage sale. It's a typical rummage sale with nick knacks ,clothes and basically anything and everything you can imagine. 

 As soon as you walk in a group of little Ladies eagerly hand you a brown paper bag  with the words "Here's a bag- fill it up for just $5.00 ". At first the customers think they mistakenly heard something else and ask "Excuse me,anything"? The ladies  nod enthusiastically saying yes anything.

 My first year , being a novice to this whole rummage sale lifestyle, I grabbed a bag and went straight for the clothes finding a few brand named pieces . I'd walk with a skip to my step and a  "I found a bargin" swagger .I'd made my way to the register with about 10 items clutched to my chest. I was  thrilled with the savings and  the notion my money was headed to a mission in a Third world country warmed my heart .Plus by reusing the the grocery bag I waaaaaaaas green! All was good in the world and I was scoring good karma points.

As the years past I became an expert of "rolling up" the items . I can now strategically place about 20-25 items in my grocery bag! I had watched my ex-husband years ago place  clothes in a suitcase in this" rolling up" manner. I figure it was a military thing or something he learned in his travels. It's funny the things we remember years later. 

Grocery bag



Grocery bag filled willl rolled up items


I made at list of the items I purchased all for $10 (  I ended up with 2 grocery bags) 

  • 10 skirts
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • jogging outfit
  • 39 blouses/shirts
I was amazed and definitely wowed by the name brands:
  • Banana Republic
  • Chico's
  • Eddie Bauer
  • Daisy Fuentes
  • Liz Claiborne
  • Karen Scott
  • Calvin Klein
  • Old Navy
  • New Port News
  • Forever 21

I'll share more pictures once my son shows me how to use my camera. Sad, really. I can run a company yet can't take a good digital picture and download. It's been added to my bucket list. Really.
  

No comments: