Monday, October 24, 2011

Rachel's Doll Rescue

I love certain dolls no one else seems to want. I found 4 dolls at my last yard sale hunt begging to be taken home. The price was right with the larger 3 dolls priced @ $3.00 each and the smaller @ $1.00! 
 It's as if people were only seeing the one with a broken foot so they passed on the other 3. I love a challenge and took them all. Last night performed surgery repairing the damaged foot. The ceramic pieces were difficult to use with my glue gun yet, like everything in life, it didn't have to be perfect. Just loved. My daughter thought  we should call a doll repair professional like Luel Studio  yet that just isn't in the budget so you have to make do. Plus it was important to teach her a lesson in financing and compassion.You know, since I am the  Know it all Ol' Frugal Wise One. 

Come journey into Rachel's Doll Rescue: 


Here is "Elizabeth"

"Broken" like a title of a sad love song   


Rachel's Doll Rescue Tools

"Mended"  like a recovery song from being broken

Elizabeth's adorable under garments

Elizabeth's close up


    Introducing Catherine



Here is Catherine introducing her daughter "Tiara"

I named her Tiara after noticing her blue eye shadow  automatically thinking of the Toddlers & Tiara's show  


Lastly, we have the adorable Ashley
I love her fabric


There you have it!

The next time you see a broken doll or heart.... think of patience and love to help make then whole.  

No comments: